Saturday, February 7, 2015

Tic Tac Toe - I {heart} you


Today is my turn to post on the Craftin Desert Divas blog and I have a card to share with you that I made for our "Love" theme week.  I went with more of a "CAS" (clean and simple) style card this time.  I used my silhouette design studio software to create a tic tac toe template and then did a print and cut with that.  To get my "x"'s and "heart"'s I used a sentiment from CDD "Simply Said".  There are several different ways to do this -
1.  mask off your letters using scotch tape
2.  use specialty pens (tombow) to ink right onto your stamp and only ink the image/letters you need
3.  cut apart your stamps - **this is actually what I chose to do and I can still place them side by side on my acrylic block and stamp them as a unit if I want to


I used a red copic marker to color in my hearts.  I then stamped the "I heart you" sentiment - which is also from the CDD "Simply Said" set - at the bottom using Momento tuxedo black ink.  My designer paper is from Doodlebug.


What I like about this card is that I could use it for my children or my husband or even a close friend.  Thanks for stopping by today!!


3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Thanks for sharing your tip too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Your card is definitely super cute.....love your adorable Tic Tac Toe idea. You really did an outstanding clever and creative job. Who in the heck doesn't love Tic Tac Toe???? Your card is so going to be the hit of Valentines day.
    YOU so RCCK!!

    ReplyDelete