Friday, February 17, 2012

SVG Attic Design Team Day

Happy Friday everyone, Nicole here and today is my day to post a project for SVG Attic!! 


My project for today is a cute box and gift card holder.  I made this for a family friend who is celebrating her 14th birthday on Saturday and has invited all 3 of my daughters to her party.  This particular 14 year old has a sweet tooth so we will be filling the box with some sugary treat along with a gift card to one of her favorite stores:-)  






Inside of gift card holder

I used the puffy boxes svg collection to make the box.  I wanted it to resemble a cupcake so I cut it out twice in two different papers.  I trimmed the blue polka dotted paper so that it looked like a cupcake wrapper.  I then glued the pink box inside of the polka dotted "wrapper".  Using the same bright colors I made the gift card holder using the be mine set.  This gift card holder is so quick and easy to make - I know I will be using it a lot because we do a lot of gift cards for presents.  But, don't let this set fool you, even though it appears to be a Valentine/love related set, it could be used for so many different occasions.  Included in this set is a 3d rose!!  We all know that 3d paper flowers are all the rage right now.  I am currently working on putting some together.  There is a great tutorial for putting these flowers together on youtube.  


Recipe:
cardstock -  Recollections and My Minds Eye (blue paper)
ribbon, flower, gems - Michaels
sentiment - Cardz TV "Ticket Talk"

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! She is going to love it! That turned out great and I love the bright cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. How can I share this so that Janis can see it? She has been asking about the cameo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole these are both fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this!!! I wonder how easy it would be to make the gift card holder with a Gypsy...

    ReplyDelete