Monday, October 3, 2011

3d Backpack and Backpack Card

Happy Monday Everybody!!  It is rainy here in the Pacific Northwest.  Gone are the Indian Summer days that I have so been enjoying:-(  Anywho, this past weekend my youngest daughter had a soccer game.  We had quite the fiasco the night before because we could not find her soccer jersey!!  Their team has uniform jerseys so it was very important to find!  Turned out one of the other girls had mistakenly grabbed it but after that I decided we needed to get a zip up bag to keep all of our stuff in.  Great minds think alike because immediately after winning their soccer game (yeah girls!) their coach presented them with personalized soccer backpacks!!  They were a gift from him with no financial help from the parents - what a blessing!!  So right away I knew we had to do some kind of a special thank you and this is what I came up with-



The team colors are red and black which explains my color choices:-)  I used an svg file that I got from here but it isn't necessary to have an svg compatable machine to make this - simply use the template from splitcoaststampers resources.  There is also a great tutorial there on how to put the project together as well as a gallery of ideas to help your creative juices!!  I am going to show you a few pics to help you with the assembly process.  I chose not to put a front pocet on my backpack as this is for a man and I didn't want to get too complicated or fancy with either of the projects.

Here are my pieces after cutting and scoring.

The shiny sections are the orange sticky tape I used
to glue the project together.

The splitcoaststampers tutorial suggested 36 inches of ribbon but
I only needed about 24 inches.


I used self adhesive velcro dots to keep the top closed.
 I wanted a card with plenty of room for all 13 girls to sign so this is what I came up with. 
I took a 4.25" by 12" piece of black cardstock and scored it at
4" and 2.5".  I added white cardstock to the interior of the card.
The folded up card will fit into an A2 sized envelope.


The backpack is cut from Doodlecharms.

I am using this project to enter for the design team call at My Craft Spot.  I have always enjoyed Kimberly's work and remember her from the old cricut message board and her generosity in sharing her files.  I would love an opportunity to work with her!!
solid cardstock is from Michaels Recollections
patterned paper is older Creative Memories
button and bling are also from Michaels
twine is from the Twinery
stamp is $1 stamp again from Michaels
white stickers are also older Creative Memories

5 comments:

  1. What a great set! The little knapsack is so clever - and how fabulous to have a card to match!
    Thanks for posting your project for the My Craft Spot Design Team call! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo cute! I love the red with the black checked paper and your backpack is adorable!

    Kimberly
    My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vey cute!!! That was so nice of your daughter's coach and so nice of you to do a project to say thank you. I know it will mean a lot to him! : )

    Jamie
    Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome project. Best of Luck. I'm a hopeful too ;) New follower.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete